Big Brothers Big Sisters Mentoring & Central Services Center provides room to serve more youth!
41 years ago, Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) started with 4 matches and has grown to serving 650 youth in 2021. The organization continues to grow and flourish. Part of that growth has included investing in our own building. In May of 2021 we were able to purchase the Big Brothers Big Sisters Mentoring and Central Services Center located at 502 Hickory Ridge Dr. Greensboro, NC 27409. For the very first time in 40 years, BBBS has a place to call it's own. A place where friendships are formed and lives are impacted forever.
The BBBS Mentoring Center is centrally located in Guilford County which works well since the majority of the youth we serve are in High Point and Greensboro.
- Center would provide space and actual work experience opportunities for high school student mentoring program to help build their resumes and prepare for their futures.
- We are invested in our interns and they are invested to the success of our organization. Upon the interns graduating from college, we offer full-time staff positions to fulfil the needs of the organization.
- Center could bring together other mentoring programs and agencies and discuss ways to better serve our communities.
- Center will provide space and opportunity to expand research-based programs developed of the 116 year history of BBBS of America.
- Having a physical location provides identity in our community.
BBBS is asking for your support in establishing the Mentoring Center so that it is here for children who need our services the most for years to come. Your support, combined with others, will allow the organization to completely own the center and to start a fund to ensure that we can maintain a center that we can continue to be proud of.